Pages

Tuesday, August 16

E is for......electrical stuff!







Well, it is the 16th today - the kitchen is being delivered in 10 days time. The plasterer is booked for the week commencing 29th August - by which time all the electrical work needs to be completed, the current units removed, the door fitted and the sink moved. If I say the list quickly it doesn't sound so bad - but yes, there is still stuff to do, much is totally out of my control. However - one thing I can do is, once the units are removed I CAN remove the tiles........ (hmmmm !)
Jon has been really busy, but this afternoon we have been out looking for lights - and we have bought some, ready to be fitted. Jon, bless him, did explain about the transformers (I thought these were some sort of toy my nephews played with - robotic vans etc) and to be honest he may have well explained the operstions of robotic super power for all the good his explaining did. I don't know what it is about explanations - totally above my head, but with Jon being 5' 11" and me being 5' 1" this is to be expected, nay celebrated!
Having such fantastic blogging friends out there who have been through the kitchen experience, it is great to feel encouraged, nay inspired by such people, for instance Kath - you can read all about her fantastic transformation  Here .
So..........let the work continue and progress begin!
Watch this space!

29 comments:

  1. We will need electrical supply soon when our porch is done. It sounds like your project is coming along pretty well.

    About your question in my food blog, yes you can bake it, it's healthier. I tried it once and sprinkled cheese on top of it, it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I'm impressed by your perseverance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chubskulit
    will give it a try. Thanks Dx

    Roger
    perseverance or madness?? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep going or go under, that's my motto;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE have problems with our kitchen lights because of something to do with ... something or other. Husband has fixed it by sticking this thing on but it really needs to be slightly more discreet!

    Good luck: it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thingymebob usuually comes with the doohickey for attatching the wotsit. You'll be OK!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Jabblog, there is no choice ! We had our kitchen done years ago, fortunately it still looks new !

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is all going to be worth it in the long run...can hardly wait to see the finished "after" photos! Have an extraordinary week,

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think how happy you will be when all is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is good to keep the lists balanced: this is done, that still needs to be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whew, what a lot of work and so many decisions but you will be featured in House Beautiful after its done...I'm sure.
    I can't wait for the "after" pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope to see the finished product soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What in the world would we do without that "electrical stuff"?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only quote your sidebar, Denise, - Keep Calm and put the Kettle On.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow~ It's been quite a trip, hasn't it? Not much farther to go and you'll have it all finished and can sit down for a cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't worry about not being able to understand electrical 'stuff' Denise - leave it to the men, it makes them feel good and let's face it, ask most of them to cook a souffle and they wold fall at the first fence - so that makes us equal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When it comes to electricals, "resistance is useless"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I marvel at your patience. My hair would have been pulled out by now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Been there done that - cooked in the garage for over a week - all well that ends well !!Good Luck - Jane

    ReplyDelete
  20. My honey does the electrical stuff around here... a real McIver! One day at a time, Denise... that's how we are still taking our move... the unpacking seems endless.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stick with it, kid... you can always fall back on your two swear words ;)Mo

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG removing tiles urg! please protect your eyes, as bits fly off everywhere. But I'm sure you're too sensible to need me to tell you that :-D
    I see you got the lights you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can so relate to what you are going through! I did a kitchen remodel 3 years ago:
    http://pmondoy.blogspot.com/2008/11/kitchen-remodel.html

    I had a great contractor and a great lighting designer who is my husband (he was not the contractor however).
    I love my new kitchen, as you will too!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do not know how I would handle going through a kitchen remodel other than the enjoyment of eating out all the time. But then that gets old and nothing beats a good home cooked meal.

    Your patience through this process is amazing and I hope all the electrical work gets done before the kitchen delivery.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We've been through the kitchen experience twice, and that was once too many! I envy you the pristine, perfect kitchen, but not the process!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've just installed 70 kitchens in Swindon.

    Well, not me personally but my employer!

    Seeing how it should be done is enough to put me off trying again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.