Pages

Tuesday, September 24

Keeping an eye on the weather.

We made the most of the weather at the weekend. Our initial plans were to head towards Hull on Saturday - but as we headed over the moors it was clear we were heading in the wrong direction - it would seem the best weather was literally at home, so we turned round and stayed local. Sunday however was truly glorious. The forecast was excellent for the North East Coast, so we headed out and followed the coastline. We decided to venture further than Bridlington which we find too commercial.
Jo, had written about a little adventure here
so we decided to head for Fraisthorpe.





As soon as we pulled in I realised we had been before....so after a quick toilet visit we headed further North and as we were tootling along we passed a sign "To the sea front" so we followed the road and came to a lovely little gem - will definitely be a picnic stop on future expeditions. Willsthorpe.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Back on the motorbike we headed towards Hornsea and had an ice-cream. The views were wonderful.  
 
 
 
 

WE had wanted to go further but time was pressing on so we headed home via Scarborough. A wonderful afternoon - we will go there again and head towards Withernsea. For more ABC fun follow the link in my sidebar.

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. You brought back some childhood memories. We used to holiday at Willsthorpe when I was a child. I love Hornsea too. I'm a bit of a collector of the muramic pottery. I love the museum there with the factory collection. There's lots of great charity shops too and the shopping outlet which is nice for a wander round. I haven't been for a while now, but I must get back there sometime when we head up north again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to get back to Hornsea and check out the pottery for sure - and charity shops? Wow.

      Delete
  2. Great shots. Looks like a wonderful place to explore. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - exploring is much more fun than going to the same places time after time.

      Delete
  3. That first beach is so beautiful. And deserted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jessica - great picnic spot. All of the beaches were very quiet - yet Bridlington beach would have been packed I'm sure.

      Delete
  4. Oh Denise! Such gorgeous photos! I really want to return and see more of Yorkshire some day!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pics of the beach! Reminds me on the Dutch beach (am originally from there), since the Californian coast looks very different:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness what a lovely day out. I so miss the ocean and your post make it seem I can almost smell the salt air and hear the birds.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful day to be out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like great fun, and I'm glad the weather was so cooperative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely blue sea and skies. Another reason why Autumn is my favourite season. It's been really mild here, up to 21'C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise, i love your tootling. Changes of plans sometimes are the best trips.
    Beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The view there is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep! I can see Flamborough Head way off in the distance. I know all those little towns and villages -- and yes Bridlington is too commercialized John must be so 'chuffed' to have a wife who loves the motor bike too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You picked a beautiful day for it. I've just googled Wilsthorpe and dogs are allowed all year on the beach so I've jotted it down, we'll definitely head there sometime. Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Denise you really do find the most beautiful unspoilt stretches of sand with hardly a soul on them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two are such great explorers. I would love to visit your part of the world, the coast line looks beautiful.
    an

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful tour of the area! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.