Pages

Wednesday, August 12

Events


As part of our village fund raising plan we are having a Scarecrow Festival. It was an idea I came up with and before I knew it Friday night approaches - demonstration night - family affair, we take a contribution for the supper table and our own drinks. The theme of the festival is "Tales of Beatrix Potter." We are doing "Mr McGregors Garden. Local businesses can make and display a scarecrow for £5. The local butcher has asked me to make him one so this is what we'll do on Friday - watch this space!

For more ABC Wednesday fun follow the link in my sidebar.

14 comments:

  1. Seems to be lots of fun.... wich i wish you totaly! Photo's will follow i presume ;-) ?

    Have a nice evening..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea Denise, is there no end to your talents?
    Looking forward to seeing Worzil Gummidge and Aunt Sally,
    Not forgetting Earthy Mangold, Worzil's wife, if I remember correctly ?
    Good luck with your fundraising.

    Best wishes,
    Di.
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Denise! Such fun in your little neighbourhood. Wish I could be there to take it all in. Bring us lots of photos!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever fund-raiser. I know it is going to be so successful.
    Love the scarecrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An event that sounds like so much fun!!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen that in a little town near Eastbourne two weeks ago, they were really very beautiful and original ! What a good idea !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea Denise - hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a NT place in Devon that has weird and wonderful scarecrows. I'll try and remember the name and post some photos. Although it's probably a bit late now ...
    Your village sounds like a wonderful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often see scarecrows in villages on my travels, I will look forward to seeing others from your village.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea! I think your scare crow is a cheeky character. What do the dogs think of it?
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think scarecrow festivals are brilliant, so much fun. We've often visited the one at Kettlewell.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.